Monday, July 12, 2010

Prepping for L.A.

T-minus 5 days before I leave for Cali and the documentary film project. I am excited, nervous and a little worried that I will get lost among the jaded sea of hopeful Hollywood stars. I have no clue how to use the subway system in L.A. and I am literally on my own at the hostel. I feel almost like I'll be backpacking in Europe except everyone will have prettier smiles and there are In-n-Out Burgers on every corner. Hmmm...In-n-Out Burger....First stop I'll make once I land.

Even more cooler is the fact that my documentary is actually coming together. I spoke with Keith "K-Dub" Williams, a pro skater who lives out of Oakland and L.A. I will be covering his team of urban skaters as they journey from the Bay area to the X Games. I also will be attending an exhibit on Black and Hispanic skateboarders. Sweet! I hope to get good footage and really learn how to shoot better angles and edit on Final Cut.

Cool stuff

Check out K-Dub's work here:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XbywwoJJY.

No comments:

Post a Comment